The following components are required to compile ClamAV under UNIX:
The following packages are optional but highly recommended:
- zlib and zlib-devel packages
- openssl version 0.9.8 or higher and libssl-devel packages
- gcc compiler suite (tested with 2.9x, 3.x and 4.x series)
If you are compiling with higher optimization levels
than the default one (-O2 for gcc), be aware that there
have been reports of misoptimizations. The build system of ClamAV
only checks for bugs affecting the default settings, it is your
responsibility to check that your compiler version doesn't
have any bugs.
- GNU make (gmake)
The following packages are optional, but required for bytecode JIT support:
- bzip2 and bzip2-devel library
- libxml2 and libxml2-dev library
check unit testing framework 4.
The following packages are optional, but needed for the JIT unit tests:
- GCC C and C++ compilers (minimum 4.1.3, recommended 4.3.4 or newer)
the package for these compilers are usually called: gcc, g++, or gcc-c++.
- OSX Xcode versions prior to 5.0 use a g++ compiler frontend (llvm-gcc) that is not
compatible with ClamAV JIT. It is recommended to either compile ClamAV JIT with
clang++ or to compile ClamAV without JIT.
- A supported CPU for the JIT, either of: X86, X86-64, PowerPC, PowerPC64
- GNU Make (version 3.79, recommended 3.81)
- Python (version 2.5.4 or newer), for running the JIT unit tests