Many joomla CMS installations are for Non-profit organizations or Non Government organizations. These are organizations which are not officially making profit and therefore this instituations are interested into donations to support their activities.
In this occasions adding Joomla paypal capabilities is very essential. There are plenty of modules which enables Joomla to support paypal monetary payments, however many of them are either paid or requires registration and thus it's quite time consuming to set up a decent PayPal supporting module for Joomla.
After a bit of investigation thanks God, I've come across a module that is free of charge, easily downloadable (wihtout registration) and is also relatively easy to configure, these module is called PAYPAL DONATION MODULE
I've mirored the module to my server, just in case if the module disappears in the future.
Here are a very brief explanation on how the module can be downloaded installed and configured:
Install it as joomla module via:
Extensions -> Install/Uninstall
Afterwards, go to:
Extensions -> Module Manager
In the list of modules you will notice the Donate module which will be disabled. Use the Enable button to enable it.
Next by clicking on the Donate Module Name, one can configure the module, where the most essential configuration values that needs to be filled in are:
1. Title: – The title of the donation form:
2. Donation Title: – Title of donation picture to show in the webpage
3. Donation Amount: – Default donation amount user will donate with paypal by clicking on Donate button
4. Currency – Default currency the donators will use to donate to configured paypal account
5. Paypal ID: – The email address of paypal account your donators will donate to (This was a bit hard to understand since Paypal ID is not a number ID but the email address configured as an username in PayPal).
6. Donation Description: – Description text to appear before the Donate button
7. Donation Footer: – Text to appear after the Donate button
There are two ways one could add the donation module to show the donation form, on the joomla website:
a. One is to enable the donation button on every joomla webpage (I don't like this kind of behaviour).
To use this kind of donate button display approach, you will have to select from the Donation module, conf options:
– Show on FrontPage: and Show Title:
Also make sure the Enabled: option is set to Yes
b. Second approach is to set the PayPal Donation form only to appear on a single menu, to do so:
While in Paypal Donation Module configuration in Menu Assignment section, select:
Select Menu Item(s) from the List
instead of the default All value set for Menus.
The last setting to be choosen is the paypal donation form page location (where exactly on the selected pages the form will appear).
The form location is set from the Position: dropdown menu, the option which I found to be the best one for me was the bottom option. However just play with the Position setting and choose the one that will be best for you.
Then scroll on in the Menu Selection: and choose only the menus where you want a paypal donation form to appear.
Finally to save all the recent made settings, click on Apply and refreshing in a new page should show you paypal's money donation form in joomla
If all is configured fine with Joomla's – Paypal Donation Module you should get on your webpage: